Monday, October 1, 2007

Sailing with Sid and Brother Mason


This is a picture of the sailboat before we got underway. Sister Mason was so sweet, she packed us all a lunch, chicken sandwiches, deviled eggs, grapes, apples and cookies. And there was bottled water. She had heard on the TV, today would be a perfect day for a picnic, so she fixed a picnic lunch for us on the water.

Dad sitting on the bench while Brother Mason got the sailboat untied from the wharf.

Brother Mason is quite spry for his age and he was telling dad what adjustments to make as he was getting the sail ready.

Here is dad at the helm while Brother Mason gets the sails ready.

This was when we were leaving the inlet where Brother Mason lives and you can see in the distance the bridge that Dad and I crossed from St. Mary's county to the Solomon Islands.

2 comments:

young family said...

How fun that you both got to go sailing. Did sister Mason go sailing with you? It does look like you had the perfect weather, very nice. My Mom told me it snowed in Utah yesterday, YUCK!! I'm glad I'm not there. I loved all of the pictures. Glad you didn't forget your camera :)

Grandpa Sid said...

Sister Mason didn't go, she spent her time transcribing patriarchal blessings. I second the motion on utah and the snow. I think I could really get into sailing if I had the dough.