Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Day one of Ocean City Friday

Lincoln and Tina invited us to go to Ocean City this last week-end and so we decided to go.  Sid and I both love the Ocean.  It is so much different than the ocean in California or Oregon.

We left home with McKay and were at Lincoln's at 9 am, an hour later than we were supposed to arrive.  I didn't think they would leave without us since we had McKay.  It rained a little on us but most of the drive was great.

We went to Assateague Island, we hadn't been there for 10 years.  That is when Lincoln and Tina first moved to Maryland.  I was hoping to see some wild horses but nope.  Just a fast view as we were leaving.

Beautiful beach though with great waves and fewer people.





Isn't it funny how we go to the beach for the sun and water and then make sure we have our umbrella's to ward off sunburns and being to hot. Well the first day it was cold and I ended up with my towel around my shoulders to keep warm.




You can't tell here but Mckay and his dad are playing catch.

As far out as you could see there were white caps.  We were going to the state park but they were not a allowing people in the water so we went to the National beach instead.  It was pretty rough.


Taking a picture of me as I was taking a picture of her.  HEHE

Grandpa under the stripped umbrella.

On our way back to our motel in Salisbury we saw this all you could eat seafood place.   The Assateague Crab House. Yummy!!!!




After we ordered they covered the table with heavy brown paper, gave us mallets, butter, crackers, paper towels, hmmmm.

Grandpa and I ordered this.  Wow that is a lot of food for two people.

Almost ate the whole thing.  Grandpa didn't eat his coleslaw but everything else finally was gone.
Link was so nice.  He cracked about three of those crabs and all I had to do was eat the meat.




That was all the meat in those crabs after so much work.

I loved this sign over the door as we were leaving.  Great place, great food.

5 comments:

matt and michelle ray said...

How fun! This is so fun for me to read because we want to go to Ocean City! I'll learn from your experience! ;)

Bainter Family Antics said...

Looks fun, I'll look forward to seeing Ocean City pictures tomorrow!

Tina said...

Great pics ma!!! It was a GREAT time also!

Debby said...

Looks like a great day. Makes me want to go to the beach

King Family said...

That food looks divine!