Sunday, November 11, 2012

Veteran's Day at Leonardtown

Zane was marching in the Vet's parade today so we decided to see what it was all about.  This is the first Veteran's parade that we have been to.  We left home at 8:30 am so we could get a good parking spot and good place to watch from.




The lady next to Sid asked if she could take our picture.  Of course we said yes.  Now you can see I was there.



My honey!!!!


A friend passing out literature on Southern Maryland Veterans Information & Resources.


Sorry about getting so many backsides.  We were on the corner of their turn and I couldn't get good pictures. This was the starting of the parade.








I couldn't believe how many bikers were in the parade.
Then there were lots of old cars.


Lots of cub scouts.

 Brownies 




The Highland Fling. 






 Finally Zane and the Chopticon ROTC

 Chopticon High School Band.

 This made me laugh.



 Finally the horses.  Nothing like in Utah (Delta).



Then to end the parade all the firetrucks and ambulances.
The parade started at 10:00 am and ended a little after 11:00 am.  Home we went, put in a turkey breast, changed into church clothes and were at church by 12:45. 
It was a great day.  I want to thank all the people that serve in the arm forces all over the world. You do a great service.  My dad served in WWII and when the parade rounded the corner and I saw the American flag my eyes became teary.  I love America and all it stands for.  

3 comments:

Tina said...

Great post ma! I haven't seen a small town parade in a good long time. It must have been fun.

Hope & Ryley said...

Nice! I haven't seen a parade in a very long time! Glad you had fun :)

Bainter Family Antics said...

The experience made me feel very patriotic. The music, the small town feel, the parade. I really enjoyed myself. Think we will go back next year and drag along more kids!