Thursday, February 4, 2021

My Christmas Cactus

My dad always had Christmas cacti while I was growing up.  They were so beautiful and I looked forward to their blooming every year.  I don\"t remember having any until we lived in Maryland.  We bought one about 10 years ago and I have kept it ever since.  We brought it to Utah when we moved here in 2019. The first Christmas here it only had a few flowers on it.  Then I read that you should give Epson salts one watering, and fertilizer the next, from April to September.  So I did this.  Here are some pictures of the cactus this year. We bought a cactus this year because we didn\"t think this one was going to bloom. It surprised us!!😉












It took about a month to bloom all the way out and only a couple of weeks for all the flowers to drop off.  Well worth the wait for next year.