Monday, June 15, 2009

Our Garden

I don't think I have lost one sweet potato plant. I can hardly wait until fall to harvest them. I tried planting white and yellow potatoes from my kitchen like I used to in Abraham, but none of them are coming up.


These are green peppers that are starting to bloom. Maybe they will be ready when my tomatoes ripen and then I start bottling Grandma's Shirley Sauce.



These are tomato plants that I planted a few weeks ago. I do have one plant that has tomatoes on it.



These cherry tomatoes are different than usual. Dad and I wanted to try them because you can dry them like raisins. They are called Tomaccio, it says a wonderful crispy-fresh fruit snack with a delightful sweet flavor. They may reach the height of 9 ft. You know me, I always like to try new things.

Here are tomato plants that I planted a month ago. They had blossoms on them already. Now every one of the five plants have these nice tomatoes on them. They are changing to that light green color just before they turn red. Sid and I can hardly wait.

4 comments:

Sally Young said...

Wow youe garden is so nice. You guys both have green thumbs!

The two old crows said...

Yea after we have dealt with squirrels and rabbits. HEHE :)

Tina said...

Very industrious!!! I'll have to come visit when your tomatoes start to ripen!!

Debby said...

The garden looks great. Those squirrels and rabbits can be annoying.