Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Roses in December

I can't believe that our rose tree is still blooming. It is still in different stages. There are the full blooms and then there are different stages of the buds.

If you enlarge this picture and then click on the buds in the back of this bloom you can see the tiny buds coming.

There are smaller ones than this one. Hopefully the frost last night didn't hurt them.
I have daises trying to bloom also and my snapdragons are in bloom. I guess you have to take a little rain and fog. Lincoln picked the last of the green peppers when they were here for Thanksgiving and I will probably pick our first broccoli this week. Love it.



4 comments:

Tina said...

Yep, it's nice to have everything still be green in December!!!

Grandpa Sid said...

I am so glad we bought that rose tree last spring. It has literally been in bloom all summer. Planting that flower garden with weed mat and bark covering it and an automated drip system has made it totally joyful.
With the roses being at eye level and on the South side of the house, we get a cheerful greeting every time we walk to the car, or the mailbox.

Sometimes I just walk out to get a "boost" of cheerfulness from it.

Bainter Family Antics said...

I will agree, it is an awesome experience.

King Family said...

That is so neat. It was a high of 29 degrees today, I dont think we'd be so lucky to have them still blooming here.