Monday, January 4, 2010

New Years Day

These pictures aren't the best, they were taken with my phone camera.

New Years Day the Bainters invited us to go to the movie Avatar. We rode the metro and had it to ourselves. Everyone else was home sleeping it off or just relaxing at home. The theater was in Alexandria, Va and we made one train change. It is so easy to go by metro when you are with someone who knows the ropes.

I had forgotten how big a IMAX theater is and the huge pictures that are on the walls.




They had the Three chipmunks there. Trudy and Stevie looked so cute in front on them. I wish my phone took better pictures.

The Masonic Temple in Alexandria, VA



Then we were on our way home again.

The movie started at 11:30 and lasted about 2 and 1/2 hours. I loved every minute of it. I thought it was the best movie I had seen in a long time. Ceci thought it was the best she had ever seen. We left home at 9:00am. It was well worth the 30 minute car ride to the metro and then the 45 minute metro ride.

10 comments:

Lana said...

I wish we had seen it in 3-D that would have been really cool. We liked it too!

matt and michelle ray said...

Sounds like fun! I love Imax movies, such a different experience!

Sharp Family said...

That looks like a fun day! I've only heard good things about that movie . . . I think we'll have to go see it soon!

Tina said...

Haven't seen it yet . . . looks like you had fun!

Debby said...

Looks like everyone had a great time.

King Family said...

I-Max theaters are neat to go to. I want to see that movie as well. It looks really good.

Lora said...

We really liked it too! Only thing that could have made it better is if I didn't have to sit next to a weird guy sucking on candy through the entire movie ;)

Grandpa Sid said...

Waa chew talkin' 'bout Lora, George? tee hee.

At one point in the movie, I actually dodged something that was flying at me, and at another point I found myself waving my hand in an attempt to flick one of those beautiful flying jellies, or something away from my face.

We were sitting in the right rear of the theater within 20 feet of one of the big speaker boxes, and with my new hearing aids, the sound could have raised the dead.

I was enthralled with the whole movie.

We had a great time!

Grandpa Sid said...

I have a confession to make.
I parked my coat in the seat next to me as I was on the end of our group.
Another group took the remaining 6 or so seats on the end of the row.

We were at least a half hour early, and before the movie started there was a steady flow of people searching for seats in our area but

I resisted giving up my "coat rack" seat. (the front 6 or 8 rows were never did fill)

Well, by the end of the movie the coats of the group next to me had migrated their coats onto my (coat rack seat)

After the movie was over I told the guy next to me that "it was nice to have a coat rack Huh?" He laughed and agreed.

"I am a Bad Bad Boy" as Lou Costello would say.

Sally Young said...

Ken keeps trying to talk me into seeing that show. Maybe I will go. Looks like you guys all had a fun time.