Monday, May 3, 2010

Peonies

I think I have said I have never been able to raise peonies.  I bought one from the Zimmerman's two years ago. Amish Market.  Then last year I bought five from Spring Hill.  Wow. I think Grandma Emily would be jealous.  She loved peonies and she had one bush that she protected like a hen with her chicks.  In Abraham I couldn't grown them. 

These are some pink peonies that I bought from the Spring hill Nursery.  I tied them up with some old nylons.


Same Pink


This one isn't as big but just as pretty.

The peonies from Zimmerman's.


Trudy knew I was looking for some Rose trees so when she saw these next two rose trees at Lowes she called me.  Dad just planted them today for me.


They are both really pretty.  I hope they do as well as Dad's.




Here's Dad's in full bloom.

I can't believe how fast these potatoes are growing.  I hope they put some energy into potatoes.

Today I planted the cucumbers, squash, and melons that I started in the house.  My tomatoes need to get a little bigger before I transplant them.
Fun, Fun!!!!!!

1 comment:

King Family said...

You sure do have a green thumb. That fence you put in looks really good too.