Saturday, September 11, 2010

Gravity fed hopper for pellets

Steven and Trudy have a pellet stove in their basement that helps heat their house in the winter.  Last week Steve and Baxter went and got 2 loads of pellets and put them in the shed. 
Well anyone that knows dad knows that he decided that they needed a gravity fed hopper.  He worked up the plans and showed them to Steve.  Last Saturday Steve built two outside wall panels and put them up. Then yesterday dad decided we needed 10 more 2x4s.  All we had to haul them in is our ford.




This reminded me when we had our corvair back in the 60's.  Dad would send me to town for plywood or sheet rock and I would tie it down to the top of the car and drive home from Delta doing about 5 miles per hour (15 miles) so it wouldn't blow off.  I did have some sheet rock fly off once, so embarrassing.
 Dad sat behind me yesterday and no one was the wiser of what we were hauling.  Just looked like dad had his own chauffeur.
It is coming along nicely.



Hopefully he can get this finished soon.  Every night dad comes in so tired and then puts our tub to good use soaking in bubble bath and running the jets.

3 comments:

Tina said...

It'll be nice when it's done! Looks good!

King Family said...

That's awesome! Grandpa is so smart! I think I take after him ;) And you of course! Hehe.

Sharp Family said...

I love all the projects you guys always have going!