Saturday, October 16, 2010

Oyster Festival 2010

We have been in Maryland 5 years and have never been to the Oyster Festival at the St. Mary's fairgrounds.  It was very interesting, but I forgot my camera and so tried to take some pictures with my cell phone.
The temperature was just right in the low 60's with a good steady wind. We started with the exhibits and ate as we went.  The first oysters we ate were grilled and we each ate 5.  Hmmmm delicious.


As we went along there was all kinds of food but we divided an oyster sandwich which you really can't see because the sun was so bright I couldn't see where to aim the cell phone.  But I could have eaten the whole thing, it was sooooo good.


The last time I had a funnel  cake was in Texas. So when we saw the sign for funnel cakes we decided to finish off with dessert.  It was great!!!!!
I would certainly go again.  It was a fun morning.  Dad and I both found a blue heron wooden figure 3' foot tall painted beautifully that we both wanted but it was to much money, sigh.  I should have taken some information so we could have contacted the person that did it. I would sure love it have it.  hmmm. sigh.

4 comments:

Debby said...

We have never been either. Maybe we will make it next year. Looks like you two had a fun time.

Tina said...

Sounds like that is just up your and dad's alley!!!

Lora said...

Hmmm not so sure I would like the oysters but the funnel cake sounds yummy :)

King Family said...

That would be interesting to try. Sounds pretty yummy.