Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Another quilt done!!!!!

With Tina's help with the squares and then coming out one day last week to quilt we finished another quilt.  Now I just have one more quilt to finish.







After the quilt was off then comes the next time consuming part, the making of the bias quilt binding. This has always been a head-ache for me.  This year, and after the last quilt, dad stepped in and helped me out again.



 After I have cut and sewed the material together for the bias I usually measure and sew together, and it never matches.

This time dad made an 1 1/2 piece of cardboard and taped it to my scissors.

No measuring, just cutting, you do have to off set the material before you cut.


Then Dad took a broom handle to put the material through the hoop for easier cutting.

Bias type made three times faster without all the frustration and words.  

Roll it up and you are ready to start pinning it to the quilt.



Sewing the bias to the back of the quilt


Finally sewing the bias on the front of the quilt.


Not perfect, but finished.  It is always a wonderful feeling to have a finished quilt and see what your labors have produced.  I love it and I hope I can make many more quilts to come.

5 comments:

Darla said...

You do "Beautiful work"

Rob and Christina Watson said...

Awesome! I love that you take so many pics as you go!!

Kori Wilson said...

It's gorgeous! And, your husband is pretty ingenious.

Tina said...

Glad I could help you get this one done before next Christmas!!! I kind of miss having an embroidery square to do!!!

Dad IS pretty ingenious! Love the cardboard measure on the scissors and the broomstick!!

Bainter Family Antics said...

Stevie is soo excited to know that her quilt is next!!!!