Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Belize City, Belize Altun Ha Ruins and Ole Belize River

On the days of our excursions we had room service so we knew we would be on time and not miss the wonderful excursions that Tina helped us set up.
This was Belize City.


We tried to miss all the photographers because it was to easy to buy the pictures.

 When I heard there was no pier and we were going to tender it scared me a little. I was going to say because of my age, but I noticed the crew were very helpful and made sure no one fell.  

 On the boat headed for land.







 I almost missed this hut with its two satellite dishes.










 Liz was our guide at Altun. Her ancestry is Mayan so we learned a lot of Mayan culture.












 I surprised myself and climbed to the top.  My legs were so sore for the next two days.  The steps were 13" high.






 Love these trees.

 Path we walked on to eat lunch.





 2nd lunch of Red Beans and Rice.  Toughest chicken I ever ate.  Must have been a old stewing hen. They said they marinated it all night, it needed more than that. I bet the iguana they were teasing us about eating would have been better. 






  Beautiful River


 Mel our other guide.

 This tree was brought to Belize not a natural plant here.





 Montezuma bird's nest.  



 Can you see the monkeys?


















 The skipper of the boat put the pedal to the medal after we cleared the river and were on our way back to the City of Belize.


Another great day with great tour guides.  

2 comments:

Grandpa Sid said...

If we had been served Iguana, at least we could say we had tried it!

You are Funny Sweet Heart!

Tina said...

Crocodiles, monkeys, bats and iguanas oh my!!!!!! So fun to see.......and not in a zoo setting........ such a nice time it looks like!