Friday, February 1, 2008

What have I been doing?

I have been taking it a little easy because my blood pressure has been to high. The doctor started me on a new medication that didn't do a thing but make it higher. But two weeks ago she added a new med, these days it is still one pill. I went to the pharmacy yesterday to fill the prescription and they had to order it special so I went back to the Dr's office yesterday and got two more weeks of free samples. The pharmacy called me today to say they had the prescription and it would be $123.33. Just took my blood pressure. The pill is working 122/78. I told them I would be in to get the prescription in two weeks when my SS check would be here. Now I know why I just took on two new piano students.
Now I'm going in to soak in a soda (baking soda, not pop) bath.


A woman in our ward had a baby so I decided to make her a baby blanket with my left over yarn. It looked like I had enough so I started and as usual I guessed wrong.



Here is Stevie's new doll blanket and she says her care bear blanket. I will post the care bear when I finish it. She asked her Mom if she thought Grandma would crochet her a care bear. Now everyday after school Stevie runs in here to see if I have it finished. It is almooooost done.





Last Wednesday Dad and I went down to Church, me to watch the Pinewood Derby and Dad to speak to the 11 year old scouts about being good citizens.

I watched Noah and Zane race their cars. They did really well. I will let Trudy blog the derby since she takes better pictures.

Dad took an old bull whip and had the boys get face down on the floor and lightly whipped their butts to show dictatorship.

2 comments:

Ceci said...

wow i bet the boy's that got wipped had a exciting night! Stevie can't wait for that carebear she loves you so much! so do i! i hope your blood pressure get's better!

Love,
Ceci

young family said...

I'm glad the meds are helping with your blood pressure.

Derbys are fun and the dictatorship/whip thing is funny :)