Saturday, May 24, 2008

beehive in a bottle






As little Stevie is telling her brothers, Grandma has a beehive in a jar.






I went to the Amish market for natural honey. I was going to buy just a plain jar of honey but I asked if this was raw honey because I wanted it for my allergies. The Amish fellow told me that the beekeeper told him it was better for allergies with the honeycomb in it. It was raw honey, so I bought it, took it home and explained to Zane, Noah and Stevie about the honeycomb and now Stevie thinks I have a beehive in my jar. Noah and Stevie chewed the honeycomb but Zane wouldn't touch it. Grandpa, Noah and Stevie could swallow their honeycomb but I can't. Stevie wanted a peanut butter and honey sandwich without the hive. Grandchildren are so cute.

4 comments:

King Family said...

Haha... thats funny about Stevie. That looks sooo yummy. You know, I think you corrupted me when it comes to honey. When I had my "wetting" problem and you had me eat a spoon full of honey before bed each night. Mmmmm.. now i'll just eat a spoon full on honey on occasion because it is soo yummy.

Tina said...

did you see our jar of honey like that? I didn't know you could eat the honey comb . . . .

Zane and Noah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Zane and Noah said...

the comb is disgusting