Sunday, May 18, 2008

Our weekend

This week-end has been great. Steve and Trudy went for their yearly vacation and the kids are here with us. Baxter and Ceci slept at their house but Zane, Noah and Stevie slept here. I had Zane and Noah home sick Friday so Stevie stayed home also much to the dismay of the two older ones. I used to lose weight tending the grandchildren but this time I've picked up three pounds. It must be because I made banana bread out of Trudy's overripe bananas and then made the Wacky cake yesterday. Playing card games and watching 3 Harry Potter videos isn't good exercise. Then Ceci and I watched Gone With the Wind all afternoon yesterday. Zane is feeling better today but Grandpa is under the weather so we aren't going to church today. We missed a baptism yesterday also. I forgot how much food it takes to feed 5 growing children. I would have to get a couple of jobs to pay for it.

This is really good cake. I decided to try the wacky cake Lora put on the recipe site
it is soooooooooo easy to do. Almost sinful and it is gooooooood!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Tina said...

It sounds like you are having a great time. I would have loved watching Gone With The Wind with you. Did Ceci like it? Yesterday it was so beautiful outside. I wasn't quite over my sickness yet and so I went out a little, but ended going back in to lay down again. 4 days in bed!!! I haven't done that for a long time. Hope dad gets over it SOON!

Ceci said...

it was fun. And yes i did like Gone With the Wind. it was good.long but good.

young family said...

So what are you all sick with? I hope we don't get sick. The sun is finally shining here and we went from the high 60's to the 90's in two days, YUCK on the quick heat up but yay for the sun :) I hope you all start feeling better.

I told you that cake is good, I think it is easy as a box cake for sure and it is a million times better. It will help you gain a little weight though :( But it is soooo good it is worth it, isn't it?