Monday, October 20, 2008

The last day of the garden

These are some of the peanuts we grew. Right now they taste like new peas



Here is a picture of our dismal crop of sweet potatoes. I think next year I will stay with the starts you buy here in Maryland. I bought these through the seed catalog and they are bush sweet potatoes that don't take over the garden.



Dad is digging the peanuts in our hard soil. I had watered them last week but the soil it still hard. I'm surprised that we grew as many peanuts as we did.










We decided to hang the peanuts in the shed to dry them so we can roast them and make them taste better.










2 comments:

Tina said...

It was Coooolllldddd last night wasn't it? I wouldn't mind tasteing a fresh home-grown peanut when you get them roasted. Fun!

King Family said...

That's neat grandma!