Saturday, October 10, 2009

Today, Saturday

Today Trudy and I went to an Alpaca farm to make a purse out of Alpaca yarn. When we got there the lady was carding the wool getting it ready for us.

It is quite the process .
You can tell she enjoys doing this. This wool was for Trudy's purse.
Then she cut the wool and started pulling in off the carder.
It was a nice cool day and we went out on her deck and she cut bubble wrap to put the wool on as we worked it.

This is what the wool looked like after it has been carded and rolled up. This is what my purse is made of. Another lady came with her two daughters and they used this color also. It came from a Alpaca called applesauce, and the wool looked like applesauce. It feels really soft.
I couldn't help but take pictures of this lady's backyard. You can see the Alpaca's in the foreground. The colors had changed since we were there for the open house.


We were so busy I think that is the last time I had time to enjoy the surroundings.
Trudy is just getting started. You tear up that soft roll of wool and lay it on the bubble wrap and then pour hot water with soap added and start kneading it so that it blends together. Sounds easy huhhh.

And you knead and massage.

Then you use a vibrator.

And Vibrate. Back is hurting by now.

And Vibrate.

You can see all three purses. Trudy's is the black one, my is in the foreground, and Kim's is the one in the background. Lots of hot water and soap. We are just about through.
Trudy and I brought ours home to dry. If anyone is interested in what they look like dry let me know and when they are finished I will post a picture.

6 comments:

Debby said...

I'd love to see the finished product. Is this open to anyone or just friends of the gal?

Tina said...

I'd be interested!

King Family said...

Very interesting. I'd like to see the finished product.

Fun background!

Mary Jo said...

That's so cool! I like your new background, too! I would love to see your finished purse. So fun!

Shelly said...

Me too, I want to see! So neat! My mom has three alpaca and they will shear them in the Spring. They have never done it before. Quite the process, though.

Martines Family said...

What a fun experience. You make the coolest things.