Saturday, June 11, 2011

Finally Got Around To It.

In December we went to Oregon for Christmas.  While we were there I bought an apron book and copied some of the patterns that Lora had enlarged.  I told myself, self, you can't make an apron until you have finished some quilt blocks.  Well I finished the quilt blocks, now to buy some material to finish the quilt.
Well yesterday I was bored, so I found the book and the patterns and decided to use some material that Trudy gave me.  I looked at the pattern and thought to myself, self, you can have that apron done in a couple of hours.


I didn't have any bias tape so I thought I can make that.  Cutting it out was easy, the first ironing was easy, four or five hours later I wondered what I was still doing standing at the iron board still ironing.  As I wrapped the tape on cardboard, I thought, WOW that looks almost  as good as store bought .

Makes me look fat, but I finished the apron this morning and Baxter was over talking to Gramps so I had him take my picture.  

6 comments:

Heather said...

I bought an apron pattern so I can make my own... It's still in the package, I haven't actually got around to it yet. Sewing isn't my favorite thing to do, I still have a quilt to finish!

Bainter Family Antics said...

It looks even better in person. Maybe I'll be inspired and sew together the one I cut out years ago....Hmmmmmm, I think I said that when Lora made hers. What's the prediction?

Lora said...

I thought I forewarned you about making your own bias tape, especially if you made 1/4 inch. Turned out super cute though, good job!! I really need to make one as a wedding gift, I just haven't felt motivated, maybe now that is warming up and I feel like moving again :)

matt and michelle ray said...

very impressive!

Tina said...

Cute blog ma, and cute apron!!

Glad you got your quilt blocks done also . . . . remember to call me when you decide to start quilting your quilts, I'd love to help!

King Family said...

I love it!