Monday, June 20, 2011

Our Three day week-end

We flew to Russellville Alabama Friday on a little business trip.  This was a first for us in many ways.  We usually stay with people we know and they drive us around.  This time I booked a hotel room and rented a car on the internet.  Both were learning experiences.  I didn't know you had to have a credit card for the rental car but they worked with me, maybe because I'm a senior citizen and they took pity on me and we got our car.

 
 We left  home Friday at 6 am and ate at the airport and then flew out at 10 am.  We were hungry when we landed and on the way to Russellville saw this Sonic and decided to stop.  Yummy.

We checked into our Hotel room and then went over to the company to meet the man that Sid was meeting  for the first time.



The first picture is the trucking and brokerage firm.  The others are of Sid and Greg Trapp working on the cell on a truck. Just making a few adjustments.


Their smoked chicken was delicious. 


I don't know if you can tell, but at Wal*Mart's the parking was on a angle.  So much easier to park than this straight parking we have here.

Never heard of Bojangles' but it was in walking distance of the Hotel. I didn't like it.  To much like Popeyes' and I don't really like Popeyes'.
Then Sunday morning we got up a 3 am, drove to the airport and came home.  It felt sooo good to be back in our own bed.

4 comments:

Hope & Ryley said...

Looks like you guys had a pretty good weekend :)

The walmart across the highway from me has angled parking spaces too. It kind of through me the first time cause I'm not used to it :)

Tina said...

With angled parking you just have to enter the lane in the right direction!!

Good to have pictures to see a little of what you were up to!

matt and michelle ray said...

my kind of girl with all your pictures of food! i love to eat! sounds like you had a fun little adventure, but yes, there really is no place like home!

King Family said...

I hope that trip went well for you and the Sid Cell!