Sunday, January 11, 2009

Babysitting

Yesterday I had a pleasant day. It started out with Stevie coming over at about 8:30am. Her mom had to go to school. I was going to fix her blueberry pancakes but she decided she wanted muffins, so that is what she got. Six Bakery-Style Muffins, Blueberry Streusel syle. I tell you Duncan Hines and I make a mean muffin. Ceci never did make it over.

Then about 1:oo pm Isabella Fischetti came. She is about 2 or 3 months old. It was fun to watch her react with Stevie. Isabella would just coo and smile at Stevie. Then Trudy came home and I fed Isabella her bottle of milk and she went to sleep. After an hour Stevie went home because a sleeping baby is boring. Just after Isabella woke up here comes Stevie back, very happy to see the baby awake. Stevie was very helpful in changing Isabella's stinky diaper and when we had finished up Stevie looked up at me and said "Grandma, you really do know how to tend a baby!!!". So cute.

4 comments:

Tina said...

How fun!!! (except the stinky diaper)

Shelly said...

Fun story. Aren't you a lucky grandma!

young family said...

That is funny!!

Little kids say the darndest things ;)

I just spent the day with a four year old and I am exhausted :)

King Family said...

Cute.