Thursday, January 15, 2009

Flashback Friday

I started this flashback about our shooting guns as a family. I came across these pictures from when the family were all together and we went out to Amasy Valley in about 2002.

I had forgotten how beautiful and quiet it was out there. Panorama on the way out of Amasy
This is Sid Jr, Sydney and Jackie digging for Trilobites. It seems like we found quite a few.

This is Lora and Jackie.

Sid Jr had brought a gold mining outfit and we stopped and Sinbad Springs and here he is looking for color. Didn't find any.

Here is Dad, Sid Jr, and Sydney. They didn't find any either.

Dad at Sinbad Springs. This picture really doesn't do justice to how pretty Sinbad is.

Here we are at Amasy Valley and some of the group watching the skeet shoot.

George is showing Chanhei how to shoot. She found out why people love going out and shooting rifles and shotguns and why we love to own guns.
Trudy showing Ceci how to shoot.

Lincoln, Trudy, and Chanhei and little Ceci
Sid Jr, George, Dad, Tina and Lincoln getting ready.


Dad and Sid Jr.
Some of the little ones were a little tired and rested in Trudy's or Steve's arms.
Chanhei, Tina and Sydney

Out looking for unbroken clay pigeons. Everyone was kinda of rusty so they missed a few pigeons.
I had forgotten we took this picture. Me, Trudy, Tina, Sid Jr, George and Dad. It is amazing how much you can change in 7 years.
Panorama on the way out of Amasy with Sid Jr.

Panorama on the way out of Amasy with Chanhei.

Remember we could only go so high in our other vehicles so we left them along the road and got into Sid Jr's new truck and he took us to the top. There was about 23 of us in this truck. You can only see the 12 in the back.

I think we all had a great time that day. I know I did and looking at the 320 pictures that were taken it looked like everyone was having fun. Some of the pictures were at the house and some at the reservoir. Dad calls this the Young Reunion. The Stevens family were here from Maryland, the Sid Youngs from Oregon, the Bainters were still in Taylorsville and the George Youngs were in Abraham and dad and I were in Sutherland. Now we are either in Maryland or Oregon. Oops Halley is in Utah. You just never know what life is going to bring.

7 comments:

Tina said...

That trip was really fun! If I close my eyes I can hear how quiet it is and the wind whistling through the pines! What a little piece of heaven. I wonder if we'll ever see it again? It is there in our minds.

On a funny note . . . you know how you remember embarassing moments? I remember writing "hello" or something like that in the dust of Sid's truck . . . boy was he torked!!!

Good times!

Bainter Family Antics said...

I think this happened before 2002 because Stevie was born that year and she wasn't in any of the pictures. I loved that trip. I too can hear the the wind and feel the dry heat and smell the thistle and sage. Hum, good memories

Sharp Family said...

Your flashback Friday is such a fun idea. It's funny to see how much styles change in just a few short years, and such a neat way to stir up fun memories for your family!

Bainter Family Antics said...

i totally remember that. haha. you all told BAxter he hit the monutain side and he thought it was an animal for years. haha.
Ceci

King Family said...

Oh man.. So I start reading this blog.. and think.. I remember all of that, how fun it was shooting those guns, and looking for gold, and having to ride up in Sid's truck.. then I look at the pictures.. and started to get really sad.. where am I? I was there.. what happened to me? Haha.. and then I finally saw myself in the group picture at the very end. I thought you forgot me.

Im very glad you didn't though. That was the only one of Justin, Chancy, me, and Mckay. You must love your other grandchildren better. Sheesh. Did we hurt your feelings?

Haha.. Im just kidding Grandma. That was such a fun vacation and I really hope we can do something like it again. It is so weird to be the only one in Utah now. I am so alone. You should all come visit me.

Love you!
Halley

Shelly said...

The old pictures of the ones I recognize make me chuckle. BTW, where is Amasy Valley?

The two old crows said...

Amasy Valley is west of Delta, Utah in the middle western part of the State. It is on highway 6&50 on the way to Ely, Nevada.