Wednesday, January 28, 2009

snow days

I know the families in Oregon are going to laugh over our ice and snow but it still leaves you home bound. Yesterday the Bainter children did go to school, except for Baxter. He was sick and Trudy got him a doctor's appointment.
Well when I put Stevie on the bus at 8:15 am it was just starting to snow. At 9:15 when I took Baxter to the doctor there was more than a inch here. I think I swept off a couple of inches on the car so we could see to drive, to say the least the roads were terrible. They were slick and all you could see was snow on the road. You know me and snow I might have gone 20 miles an hour all the way, I did pull off once and let some crazy people go by and then the snow plow caught up with me and passed me. But we made it safe and sound to the doctor's office.
Trudy called to see if I was really on the road as there had been an bad accident in front of her school.
The kids had early dismissal day. They got out 3 hours early. I know, I know nothing like in Oregon a few weeks ago.
So here is what our ice and snow looked like this morning at 6:30 am.
At 4:30 this afternoon it was 36 degrees and starting to rain. I don't know if there will be school tomorrow or not if it freezes. The roads are pretty clear now.

3 comments:

Emma said...

Only an inch? It isn't anything compared to what we got here! But I guess snow is snow. I'm glad you were able to drive safely. Hope it doesn't get worse!

young family said...

Hey who's laughing, our storm this year was not normal by any means. I hate snow and with ice on top or underneath it is scary. I am glad you were safe driving. I hope you don't get any more.

King Family said...

I bet you don't have school. It snowed a couple inches here too.. but we never get out!