Monday, February 9, 2009

Almond Milk

Someone told me not to drink milk but I might could drink almond milk. Thursday Trudy was going up to Waldorf so I asked her to pick me up some almond milk. She called to say they only had unsweetened almond milk but I told her to buy it anyway.
I thought I would enjoy it in cold cereal.
That is the nastiest stuff I have ever eaten. I had some corn flakes and had to add sugar, and then a lot of heavy cream. That made it palatable but defeats the purpose of no milk products. I guess I will stick to just cream in my cereal and be happy.
Actually it tastes like chalk with a tint of almond. Now I can see why Noah doesn't like almonds, he used to drink almond milk as a baby, poor thing.

5 comments:

Bainter Family Antics said...

He had sweetened almond milk. It really wasn't bad. But you are right he hate almonds with a passion. I think it's more the idea than how they taste. It brings back his baby days of goat milk, soy milk, almond mild, real milk.....

Lincoln Stevens said...

I would never have even tried it. In our dinning hall we have vanilia mike, chocolate mike,banannamile and strawberry. I have yet to drink any of them.

Sid said...

sweetened almond milk is good. It was cheaper than real milk in hawaii, so we had it with our cereal for breakfast.

King Family said...

Hahaha. That is hilarious!! You should try it sweetened. I like rice milk. The people I used to babysit had it and I decided to try it. I absolutely hate plain milk but this stuff was pretty good.

Why did Noah have to drink all those kinds of milk when he was a baby?

The two old crows said...

Noah couldn't drink cow's milk and the almond milk seemed to agree with the most.