Saturday, February 28, 2009

Baked French Fries

I have had Stevie home for a week because she has the chicken pox. Today even though it was Saturday, her mother was at school and her dad at the ward with Zane and Noah, so we are watching Peter Pan, Twinkle Belle and other cute movies. I decided to try and find a healthy recipe for french fries and this is what I found. I thought I had made enough for Ceci and Baxter to have some but they were so good that Stevie and Grandpa finished them up.

1 large baking potato or 1 for each person
1 tablespoon Olive Oil or 1 TBl per person
1/2 teaspoon paprika " "
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder "
1/2 teaspoon chili powder "
1/2 teaspoon onion powder "

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
Cut potato into wedges, ( I cut mine like regular fries.) Mix olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, chili powder and onion powder together in a gallon bag. coat potatoes with oil/spice mixture and place on a baking sheet.
Bake for 45 minutes in preheated oven. I cooked them for 15 minutes on one side and then turned them and baked for another 15 minutes. Yummy.

Then I made my regular fry sauce with salad dressing, catsup and a dab of mustard. Well Grandpa said if we are making these healthy lets try sour cream in the place of the salad dressing. All three of us liked the sour cream mixture the best. Now if anyone knows how to figure the weight watchers points they can tell us if we did good.!!!!

4 comments:

Emma said...

What's Twinkle Belle? The only thing that I know of that is even close to that is Tinker Bell. Sounds like fun! I'm sorry Stevie has the chicken pox. I'm glad I had them when I was a baby because I don't remember it!

The two old crows said...

You are right it is tinker bell hehe

Tina said...

Sounds yummy ma!

King Family said...

Sounds delicious. Im jealous! Mmm