Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Cooking and having fun



When I was in Utah for three weeks I stayed some of the nights with my granddaughter Halley. One of the first things we cooked together was Valentine cookies. They turned out great and were delicious.















Then Halley told me she had some black bananas that her husband thought should be thrown away. She told him no way, that is when her mom made banana bread. We went to the family recipes and found my old recipe and made these two loaves that turned out delicious.











Then my sister Annette had been making sour dough bread so Halley decided that maybe while I was there I could help her make bread for the first time.




This was a recipe off the Western Family yeast packet. Very easy and you can see the loaves raised beautifully.




It also tasted great.








We started at four in the afternoon after Halley had been at school. We had to go shopping to get some of the ingredients but had everything baked by the time Ryan got home from work.








This is Molly, Ryan and Halley's dog. When the bedroom door was open she slept with me. I woke up one morning and Molly's head was on my knees and since my camera was close, walla a picture. She is a Corky and is so much fun, I just love her.








Then at my mothers I decided to take a nap on the couch and Scamp decided to nap with me. Scamp is a Yorky with a tomahawk cut. He just loves my Mom. He sleeps at her side all day long.
When he isn't by her side she is asking where he is.




4 comments:

Lora said...

mmmm now I want some homemade bread....wonder who I can talk into making me some ;)

I'm glad you got a chance to visit with everyone in Utah.

Tina said...

Looks like fun, and makes me wish I could have been there while you were there! Memory making . . . neat!

Mary Jo said...

Fun! Those loaves look great. I'm glad you guys got to spend time together. (I'm really impressed by your timing - it always takes me forever to bake bread!)

King Family said...

What a good time we had. Thank you for helping me create all those memories. The bread and cookies sure were delicious.

And the way you spell Molly's breed is Corgi.. I always thought your sisters were saying it a little strangely. :) She sure liked you being here too.

Miss ya, and love ya!