Thursday, March 18, 2010

Utah and my mother's funeral

What can I say. It was a time of eating out with family.
Here we are at Sweet Tomatoes. It was my first time there and I enjoyed it. Maybe because I was there with Trudy, Tina and her family.
This was the floral bouquet that my nephew Reza and his sister Jackie put together for the casket.

Meeting up with 1st cousin Sharon that I hadn't seen since Dad's funeral.
My sister Annette and me.
Of course there were many cousins and relatives I hadn't seen for a long time.
My niece Connie. She actually came and did mom's nails.

My sister Linda and her grandson Teague.

My sister Debbie and me.
My sister Barbara.
Sister Annette and Sev.

It was neat being able to get this picture of granddaughter Halley, daughter Tina, and daughter Trudy.
Here we are again eating, this time at Famous Dave's. My two sons, Sid Jr and George with his daughter Hope, and Lincoln were with us.

My dinner broiled Salmon with pineapple BBQ sauce.
Oh sooooo good.
Being able to see brothers and sisters together again.
I haven't seen Hope since last April. We were all at my Mom's house after the funeral. It was one place we could be all together since we were so spread out in the valley.
I think one of the neatest things I did was to be with my daughters, Tina and Trudy, my sister Barbara and her daughter Connie as we were able to dress my mother. I was the only one who had done this before, but what a privilege to do this for my mother. My sister curled my mother's hair and my niece Connie colored my mother's nails.
I would do it again, no questions asked.

2 comments:

Lana said...

it sounds just lovely. How wonderful that so many people could come togehter who loved her.

King Family said...

It sure was nice to have everyone together. The funeral was beautiful.