Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Combines

I saw these combines this morning as I took Baxter to his High School to drop off some papers to one of his teachers.  I went back again and took these pictures.  It reminded me of the days when I combined barley and corn in Utah, only the combine I used was a lot smaller and so was the container that I loaded with corn or barley to take into the grainery.  In fact most of the time I loaded up trucks that then took the grain to the grainery in town.





Since I saw this young man walking I got out of my car and talked to him awhile. He was there greasing the combines. ( An important thing). 


I wonder how it would feel to drive one of these babies.

3 comments:

Grandpa Sid said...

"My cup runneth over"

Tina said...

It looks like it may be twice the size of that combine you used to drive!

The two old crows said...

You are right Tina, they are HUGE