Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Day two

Lincoln and Tina went to Buena Vista to pick up McKay, back to the Hotel where we ate a great breakfast and then back to Lexington for medications.  Sorry if this is a little long.  There are more pictures than narrative.



On our way back from Lexington, I asked Lincoln if we could stop and see foamhenge.  It was interesting.








It was quite the climb because this was on a hill top.  It was just starting to get warm.
 This is where we started our long trek to the bridge. 



I love huge trees and this is just one on our way down the path to the bottom.



From the bottom of the path to the top at Lace Falls  it was 1000 yds that we did in hundred degrees, but we did it leisurely taking lots of stops.


The other side of the bridge







Most of the path was in the shade and there was this wall that was cool to sit on and there were benches also to sit on.  This is one time I was drinking water and sweating ( I don't usually sweat, but it was hot).

When we finished the hike, we ate at the gift shop and then went downstairs to the toy museum and then to the wax museum.





After the museum Sid, Lincoln and McKay went through the caverns and Tina and waited for them.

We went back to Lexington and ate at the Tong Dynasty.  It was really good.  It reminded me of the New York Buffet here in California. The sweet waitress couldn't speak very good English but she wanted to take our pictures.
Then back to the Hotel for more games and a good nights sleep.

4 comments:

Tina said...

Very good mom! It's fun to see your pictures! I like the black and whites of the wax museum. Fun times!

matt and michelle ray said...

That's very cool! Did your grandson love Trek? I know it was a life changing experience for Alexis! I hope I am as close with my kids when they are older as you are with yours!

Debby said...

Looks like a fun weekend. We will have to check it out sometime.

Sharp Family said...

What a fun getaway! I love little trips like that, they make wonderful memories!