Friday, July 9, 2010

Those pesty squash bugs

The other morning I was out in the garden and noticed some of my squash leafs turning yellow and then I spied some pesty squash bugs.  I got on the internet and put in squash bugs.  It said that controlling this bugs could be done by planting later in the season but in the southern states the cycle of bugs happens twice in the growing season.

I had been putting sevin on for about two weeks and it didn't seem to be doing the job.  This article went on to say that you can kill them by putting the eggs and adults in soapy water, soooo today was the day I decided to try it.  I put some clothes soap in a ice cream bucket and filled it half full with warm susdy water.





Pretty eggs








Tomorrow I'll go out when it is cooler to see if I can find some more of those pesty squash bugs.  We will see who wins this battle.

3 comments:

Grandpa Sid said...

You could have made emulsified squash leaf / squash bug soup!!!

Bainter Family Antics said...

Why not just spray it on the leaves?

JHET INC. said...

We had those stupid bugs every year in Utah. I don't remember what we did to kill them. It seems like we used Seven and mixed it real strong. Good luck.
George