Saturday, May 21, 2011

Airshow

Yesterday at 6 am, I received a text from Tina wondering if we wanted to go see the air show at Andrews. We had been once before and loved it.  Stevie and Steve decided to go also. Dad and I exchanged cars at Trudy's school and then went to Tina's and she drove and picked up Steve and then to the base.

We were walking in when I looked up and saw this skydiver with the flag.

Mckay sitting in the cockpit.






I can't believe how big some of these planes are.





Standing in line to go through a refueler. The last few pictures were in the belly of the refueler.



At noon we went over where they were having the air show and ate our lunch.









You can see the plane is upside down if you enlarge it.



Watched the planes in the air. Got lucky on some shots.






Watched the paratroopers

Took time out to let the kids have some fun.











Then we walked some more and just saw some interesting airplanes and equipment. It was then time to go home.  After Steve picked up his car at the park and ride, Sid and I went to Burger King to eat.  We were both to tired to think of coming home and fixing supper.  My pedometer said I had walked over 10,500 steps and it was only 5 pm.  I would do again.  It is thrilling to see the military and know what they are doing is keeping us safe and others also.   

5 comments:

Tina said...

Good pics ma! It was a great day!

Lora said...

I love air shows too, looks like you all had a great day!

Shelly said...

Dave took the boys to that. I had the day to myself. :o)

Bainter Family Antics said...

I am glad you all took the days and had fun. I enjoyed looking at the pictures.

King Family said...

I love your pictures grandma!