Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Flowers

Today Dad and I decided to go and prune all the dead flowers out the flower bed.  Dad decided also to prune back his rose.  It kinda goes crazy growing and blooming and since the wind took it down once he didn't want the rain to break it so he did a little pruning.  My peonies also were looking sad and my holly hock was taking over so I cut out the dead flowers and trimmed the hollyhock: I hope I didn't hurt the feelings of the holly hock, but I wanted to see my other flowers that are starting to bloom out.



These were some of the peonies that were still pretty.  Now they are on my table in my kitchen.  This is a first for me.  Love it.


When dad was through trimming he made this bouquet with the roses instead of throwing them away.  Now I have two bouquets on my kitchen table.  They are so pretty.

4 comments:

matt and michelle ray said...

beautiful! someday i will have a green thumb like you!

Debby said...

How pretty! I love flowers.

Tina said...

You guys are growing some beautiful flowers!!!

I think it's snowing in Utah . . . . raining here, but so much nicer!!!

And, what a plug for Mom's crafts!!! Peggy would love those pictures!

King Family said...

I love having flowers in a vase that came from your own garden.