Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Strawberries

The other day my daughter Tina called and said she had received a email saying that the strawberries were ready to be picked and was I interested in going with her after my piano lesson.   Sure, I love strawberries, so Dad and I went with her and then after the picking we all put up frozen strawberry jam at her house.


This was such a clean, weed free place.  It was really fun to pick berries here and with the size of them it didn't take us very long.

We went down to the end of the block that the lady sent us to.  Most people were at the other end so we were in a place that had hardly been picked.  You can see workers in the background in the upper picture.  You can pick your own like we did or you can buy the strawberries already picked.


Picking the last ice cream bucket full.
Tina bought the two boxes and Dad and I bought the ice cream buckets.  We loaded them into the car and off we went to Tina's for the busy work of putting up the frozen jam.
I came home with 11 large containers of jam.  Dad and I stopped at McKay's and bought some dessert shells and whipped topping and had strawberry short cake when we got home.  Oh it was soooo good.  I still have about 1/4 ice cream bucket full of strawberries that dad and I can enjoy tomorrow.   

3 comments:

Tina said...

It was fun, and many hands make the job lighter! I made a strawberry pie and then went to the store for whipped topping. We ate pieces of the pie before it was set up, so it was a mess, but tasted yummy!

Thanks for coming with me!

Debby said...

Looks like fun. Where did you go?

King Family said...

I made some Strawberry Freezer jam earlier this summer. I still have a freezer full of peach from last year.