Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Fire September 7, 2020

 When Sid and I moved from Maryland last year, May 2019, I thought with relief no more hurricanes, tornado warnings, no more hard rains.  Little did I know, and probably forgot, about the wild fires.

We have had high temperatures, fire, rain and snow in 24 hours. 

I looked out our window this morning, to the south,  to see how the fire was doing and saw that it had rained and snowed.  That helped put out the fire and the people that were evacuated, parts of Springville and Mapleton,  last night can go home by noon today.



This picture was taken by someone in Springville this morning. It was a good thing it rained, that mountain is really black.



This is  what I saw just before I went to bed last night, which I thought was the whole picture. But when I saw the pictures our friends took that live further up the hill I was mistaken.


A neighbor took this picture. She lives up higher on the hill that we do. She also took the next picture.


The news media called this the Ether Hollow Fire east of Springville.  It was up Hobble Creek canyon just by where we live and I hope it didn't burn the golf course. I know the news said it was headed there.
We didn't see any of this. 
This is our second fire living here in Springville.  I think the one last year was closer and on the mountain north of us.  We saw planes and helicopters dropping water on that fire.  One fire crew even hiked up the mountain in back of us to fight that blaze.  I know this won't be the last fire we will see and I hope we will be blessed not to have to be evacuated. 




2 comments:

Tina said...

Such a blessing of rain last night! I had a hard time sleeping worrying about the fire.

Unknown said...

So thankful for the rain to help stop the fire.