Friday, September 4, 2020

Quilting

 I have always love to quilt.  In May of 2016 I had surgery for trigeminal neuralgia and was on some heavy drugs. It made it so I couldn't function very well.  When I got off the drugs I decided to see if I could quilt.  I went to my stash and found the red material I had made quilts out of for my granddaughters, joined a quilt club on Facebook.  The quilt I made was called Snowy Day Quilt Sampler. I learned quite a bit from making this quilt, it was a challenge. I downloaded a block a week.


I gave this quilt throw to Tiffany Bainter, Baxter's wife,  at her bridal shower in Utah.

When Noah Bainter became engaged I decided to make another throw quilt. I bought the material for this quilt throw and it was another sampler quilt.  It was harder and I learned quite a bit more.

I gifted this throw quilt to Olivia Bainter. I think it is called a Mystery quilt, I downloaded a block a week. 

My niece, Jennie Young in Texas asked me to make her a Mickey Mouse quilt.  It had been along time since I did a embroidery quilt but I said I would try.  Jennie drew the blocks and I free quilted them on my old Bernina, Sid bought it for me back in 1963. That was a big challenge, but so worth it.

Jennie's baby was born in October, but I didn't get the quilt done that soon.  

Halley had asked me to make her a queen sized quilt and I had made a log cabin quilt back in 1999.  It had some problems I had to fix but I got them fixed.  Then I decided to tie it.  


I don't have a finished picture of this quilt.  But it turned out really nice.  I hadn't hand tied a quilt for a long time.

Then I started a quilt for Kati Stevens, McKay's wife.  It is called trade winds. I bought the pattern and followed a you-tube video. It was fun to do, I made it out of Jelly Rolls, the first ever Jelly Roll quilt. 


I gifted this throw quilt to Kati in August 2020.  I think it is the most colorful quilt I have made and one of the easier ones.

I am now starting a quilt for Trudy.  She wanted a queen size made out of jelly rolls.  She picked her jelly rolls colors and the quilt is called Tea Time.  I have the blocks cut out, now just need to place them and sew.  




  

3 comments:

tybainter said...

You are so talented mom!!

Unknown said...

You are a gifted quilter. I always enjoy seeing your beautiful creations. What an amazing treasure these quilts are for your family. I have Afghans my grandma made me and I love knowing my grandma made them with love for me. 💗

Tina said...

Your quilts are very beautiful mom!