Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Dad and the Honda

Dad always likes to make things easier and better. Look closely and you will notice that he used two of his plates and used the wheel holes to make a shovel. It works great.

He took it off when he was going over the ground the first time. He raked the heavy weeds off first. Now Trudy needs to tell me what they would like planted so they can enjoy the garden also.
You can tell I planted my tomatoes today. I used my shredded paper and then put potted soil on top. As Sid Jr would say, "that is ugly." That may be but it sure keeps the weeds down. The worms like it also. I do need to go and buy more potted soil though. I used most of it to plant my patio blueberries awhile back.

6 comments:

Tina said...

Looking good! You'll have to supply me with tomatoes this year!

Mary Jo said...

Fun gardening! Do you use the paper as ground cover, or do you mix it a bit with the soil?

The two old crows said...

I put the paper on first and then cover it with the soil. I put the paper on thick so no weeds can grow through it.

Bainter Family Antics said...

I don't know why you have to ask me. Kinda silly! The garden has turned into your domain, I just pay for the water and enjoy some of the fruits. No complaints!!

Sid said...

Why would I say "that is ugly"?

The two old crows said...

because when you were here last year and saw the paper in the garden you said it was ugly.