Thursday, May 28, 2009

Squirrel infestation about to come to stark end.

Cecilia aka Calamety Jane "sighting in" her new squirrel gun.
When we were young and living on the farm, every spring we would patrol the ditch banks
for "ground squirrels" aka gophers.
Calamety Jane was a crack shot with the 22 then and she hasn't lost her touch.


We have a pretty good view of our garden, about 40 yards away, from the deck.
She took a few pot shots at the squirrels before we "sighted the air rifle"


I painted a spot on a box and she hit it almost dead center.




I decided to make it more realistic and made a target of one of her squirrel photos.



While "Zeroing" the scope, quite of a few of the shots missed the mark.
(bullet holes marked with daises)
Until.......


With the scope zeroed in-----
Zowie! two shots through the same hole.

She cajoled me into trying to better her results,
I shouldn't have even tried, I missed the box twice, and almost missed it on the third shot
(hanging my head in shame)
Calamity Jane rides again!
Look out Squirrels, Jane's Trigger finger is itching.

3 comments:

Mary Jo said...

Muwahaha! I love these pictures. It's grand that a big ol' gun being pointed from a porch can be found in all parts of the US. hehe (Makes me think of Granny from the Beverly Hillbillies.) Good luck. :) Squirrels beware!

Tina said...

All right! Mom! Just make sure it's only squirrels you're hitting. My boys used to try to get them with their air-gun aka bb gun and all the bullets did was bounce off of them (the squirrels). I told them they had to eat anything they actually did shoot . . . and we did have squirrel in the skillet a few times!

King Family said...

Nice grandma!