Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Day 6 of our travels to Myrtle Beach, Surfside

This morning started just the others.  The beach walk, the pool, hot tub and the lazy river.  When we got back the kids were playing cards.  

Then it was off to Mt Atlanticus to play mini golf.  It started off a nice day with clouds and a little rain but quickly got hot.  When we bought our pass we decided to buy two 18 holes passes. Each 18 holes were different.  I'm glad we had plenty of water. 

The first 18 holes was called the Minotaur. 


Since there was 12 of us, we split into 3 groups of four.










By the time we got to the half way mark we were ready for ices.  





We were all hungry after the last hole.  We all piled into the two vehicles and went looking for something.  We found a Taco Bell and a Chick-fil close together.  Those that wanted chicken ate it at Taco Bell.  Then back to mini golf.
I guess you can tell, the second 18 holes was called conch.





My hole in ONE!!!!!


I had to go around that wooden triangle. 

Then it was back to the condo and then to the beach for the evening.
There was such a good breeze that Grandpa was able to fly his kite.





This boy and his father were fascinated by this kite and took pictures of Grandpa.  Grandpa made him pretty happy to let him fly the kite.

This was my night for dinner.  I served hot dogs. Very simple.

This was the first time for me to take night portrait pictures.  They turned out better than I expected.



Another nice day with the best of company.  I think I went back to the condo and fell into bed.

3 comments:

Shelly said...

I told ya Charlie would love his shell. He treasures that thing!

Tina said...

That was a really great day!

The Icee at the top of the course was a LIFE saver!!! for me anyway!

Those were the largest hot dogs I've ever seen in my life. It was a adventure eating them!

That little boy was so awed flying the kite. It was cute to watch.

Fun times!

Debby said...

Looks like another fun day. We enjoy miniture golf too. Your pictures are great. I can almost smell the ocean.