Thursday, August 11, 2011

Day 8 of our travels to Myrtle Beach, Surfside

The last day.  Lincoln, Tina, Dad and I decided to only go swimming at the big pool.  To much to do before we had to hit the road.  The Bainters left before us as they were taking Hope back to NC.
Dad, Hope and me

As we were traveling I started seeing billboards about this place. When we arrived it was time for a break anyways.  That was the biggest gift shop I have ever been in.  Oh the pecans, they had pecans in any description.  I couldn't help myself I bought chocolate cherry coated pecans, chocolate covered toasted toffee pecans, and honey glazed pecans.  OHHHH soooo GOOD!!!!.  Did I say I had gained 7 lbs.  They had pecans anyway you could think to have them.  It was a big fireworks store also.  I think they thought if they didn't have it you didn't need it.
We made one more stop to get gas at WaWa's before entering Maryland and each of us had a milk shake.
It was a great vacation thanks to Lincoln and Tina inviting us, the Bainters and Hope. There is nothing like having family around to do things with.  I love being a mother and grandmother.  Our Heavenly Father knew what he was doing when he created the family.

3 comments:

matt and michelle ray said...

what a fun and loooong trip! i love that your family spends so much time together! i hope as my kids get older, we will do the same!

Debby said...

Your trip sounds fantastic! I too enjoy spending time with family. Being a mom and a grandma is the best!

Tina said...

We've spent a lot of time together these last few weeks! It's been good times it's been bad times, and only you know what I mean!!!!

That store . . . I think you could say everything you don't need was in that store!!!!! rofl