Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Day 7 of our travels to Myrtle Beach, Surfside

Today we decided not to go anywhere. Trudy, Tina, Hope, Noah, Zane and I played Canasta, then Golf, and then the boys taught me BS.  Stevie played that one. The boys, Steve, and Grandpa played poker in the other room for awhile.  Lincoln and Grandpa had several naps also.  Then in the afternoon we drove down to the beach.  We found that the evenings were cooler; we didn't need the umbrellas. 
Grandpa showing Stevie how to fly the kite.

 

I even took a turn flying the kite.

It was free night again so on the way Lincoln stopped and got KFC.










When it got dark Lincoln, Grandpa and I went for a walk on the pier. A guy had just caught a sting ray and was cutting off his tail.




A good close to another great day.  

2 comments:

Tina said...

Ahhhhh! I could go back . . . . . . the evenings were so nice by the water!

Debby said...

Looks like a fun and relaxing day.