Sunday, September 4, 2011

Our Walks

Sid and I walk every morning here at home.  It didn't change in Oregon.  Sid still got me out of bed at 6:00 am (9 here) so it should have been easy.  hmmmmm.  No humidity, cooler mornings, picking wild blackberries, seeing deer, quaint houses and having our son Sid Jr join us on his bike or running.



deer above the yard


driveway above Sid Jr's it was quite the climb  








Some mornings Sid Jr would take us down to Banks where there was a path and he would ride his bike or run while Sid and I walked.



yummy blackberries


joint grass

I thought that walking our hills here at home would prepare me for anything.  Those hills above our son's home were really steep and long, but by the end of the 11 days we were there they didn't seem so bad.  I loved the flat path in Banks the best and it seemed safer because there wasn't a walking lane on the road.  Still I gained 4 pounds.

1 comment:

Tina said...

It coulda been more than 4 pounds!!! Looks like you had some good mornings!