Friday, November 28, 2008

The day before Thanksgiving

This is a picture of our sun room the day before Thanksgiving. With all my stuff and grandpa's stuff it made me wonder if he would have it ready for Thanksgiving.

Well Trudy sent over her boys and Stevie to help grandpa clear up and pack up. With Baxter, Zane, Noah and Stevie's help, putting things in big black trash bags and hauling them under the house so that the day after they can be brought back up for grandpa's business they got things done. They even found the stud in the wall so they could hang my quilt up out of the way. Stevie started burning boxes for Grandpa and then Zane and Noah took over and then had to shower because of the good ole burning smell. They all did a great job.



Inside I was baking lemon meringue and cherry pies, making a salad and getting the sweet potatoes ready. It is nicer now with the family raised and they bring their share of the meal and I don't have to do it all. Tina and Trudy are such good cooks and Ceci and Stevie love to help. I don't know if anyone helped Tina or not. I know she was at the ER with McKay most of the day.







On Thanksgiving morning I got up and made Oreo truffles and Pretzel Turtles. I did the m & m's for the kids, but the adults liked them better than the ones with pecans also. Grandpa talked me into the M & M's, he is so smart about those things.


I just had a time out so I could go get me two small pieces of pie while I finish this blog. Trudy left some pumpkin and cream pie, I didn't have much pie yesterday because I was to full of everything else.
Then I put in the turkey and finished up the little details. Then we waited for 1 o'clock for the feast to begin.

While we were waiting Stevie came over with Ceci and showed me Ceci had put ringlets in Stevie's hair.

Isn't Stevie cute and Ceci did such a great job!!!!!!

2 comments:

Tina said...

You did a great job putting everthing together. I loved your candies you made . . . didn't get to taste the pies, there was just too much to eat. We sure had fun!

King Family said...

Wow, you did an awesome job getting that room put together. The treats sure look yummy. And yes Stevie looks very cute.