Sunday, March 8, 2009

A Chapel flooded

I don't think a lot of snow and then really cold temperatures do well on pipes when the heat is turned off. Thursday night at 10 pm, we received a call that we ignored because of the time. We don't answer the phone after a certain time and if we are in bed. When we got up the next morning dad listened to the message and heard that our chapel had flooded and they were calling for help.

This is picture of our Bishop and the other ward's bishop looking over the damage.

Here is a picture of the chapel and they said there was 2 inches of water.

They decided to take up the pews.

This is the foyer. The water break was in the chapel in the sacrament room.


Here the foyer is cleaned up.

We got a call last night saying church wasn't being held today because of the damage. Hopefully we will go next week.
A friend in the ward took these pictures and gave me permission to use them. Just thought you might be interested.





5 comments:

Becky said...

That looks awful...and cold! I hope it gets cleaned up quickly. I don't blame you for not answering the phone late at night. I, unfortunately, have a crackberry and answer at all hours. I've been called at 2-3am before by my family [names withheld as to specific members] for medical advice.

Tina said...

Yep, pretty interesting . . . Sister Logan came to church in our ward with her mom . . . . made me think you guys could have done the same . . . it would have been GREAT!!!

Emma said...

Wow! I've never seen a flooded chapel before! I wonder if it has ever happened here, with all the rain and snow?

Hey Aunt Tina! I can't wait till you guys come up here! It's going to be fun!

King Family said...

Wow, that is crazy! I hope they have it cleaned up for you next week.

Sally Young said...

Wow that looks like a mess I would not want to deal with.