Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spring

When I see robins I know that spring is almost here. I love to see the robins hopping around and last spring I even watched one pull out a worm from the grass and eat it.
Of course there are lots a birds around singing and making the world sound bright.

One bright sunny morning last week, Sid was on his stationary bike when a robin flew in and was looking for worms on the lawn. All of a sudden a falcon swooped down and grabbed that robin from behind taking it to the ground. The robin didn't move at all. The falcon then looked behind, in Sid's direction then flew right out of the lawn, robin tightly in his talons, into the neighboring woods. Now I have seen that on programs on TV but Sid got to see it first hand. To say the least Sid was amazed. (Moral to the story: "Watch Your Back")

4 comments:

King Family said...

Wow, that's crazy. I didn't know that falcons were carnivorous.

Sally Young said...

Spring has sprung here. I am loving it. It just wakes your soul and brings on a new life inside of us.

Tina said...

Wow . . . nature in motion! It sure feels nice outside today doesn't it?

Emma said...

I didn't know that they were carnivores either. Weird. When is it officially spring? I can't wait to see you!!! It's been way to long since we've seen you!!!(like 2-3 years too long!!)