Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I couldn't resist

Barbara, my sister, sends me these letters from her grandson Will, Connie Campbell's son, I just couldn't resist posting this one.

Hey Everybody!
So this week has been pretty interesting. I got my new companion Tuesday
morning at 6. He's very different than Elder Preston for sure. He's from
Texas and his name is Elder Duval. We got back the apartment and he started
tearing it apart first thing. Our apartment was way clean, much cleaner than
any of the other apartments that I've been in. He said he was organizing. He
pulled everything out then started going through and and deciding what he
didn't think we needed that we could get rid of. Then he started putting it
all pack the way he wanted. He told me that he needed it to be organized in
a way that would fit him? But now we'll be looking for something that I used
to know right where it is and now he can't even find it cuz he can't
remember where he moved it to. I guess it's good in a way, but some of it is
a little ridiculous. Like all our pots hang on these hooks over the stove,
and he thinks we need to get rid of stuff in the cuboards so they can fit
down there cuz to him it looks cluttered. And he keeps eating all my
food:( But I'm really working on getting along with him; I know there's a
lot I can learn from this, and we have been getting along these past couple
of days a lot better. But at first he kept saying these little biting
comments, and I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to handle it. Like the
first night I said planning prayer I prayed for all our investigators and
stuff and he ridiculed my prayer and said we weren't at conference. He'll
say these comments and I don't know if he's trying to kid or if he's being
serious? And he keeps calling me greeny, but I'm learning to just deal with
it and not let it bother me. He did get him start washing his hands after he
went to the brathroom. Cuz he went to the bathroom, didn't wash his hands
then was over in my cheese making a sandwich and I asked if he washes his
hands. He said "no", so now he washes. Now I just have to figure out how to
let him know he needs to shower better or something, I'm pretty sure he
doesn't use deoderant because he has this really strong odor that just
eminates from him, that's probably one of the hardest things to deal with,
especially when we're in the car all the time. But I'm sure I'll come to
love him.
Other than that we've had some very good lessons this week. We have Patricia
that now wants to meet with us every week. She still wants to write her book
about how the Book of Mormon is true and Joseph Smith was a true prophet,
but she still thinks we need to mix with the Christian Advent Church. She
wants to be baptized by authority, which she thinks both of these churches
have, but wants to keep here title of Rev. Jones. So we're not really sure
what we're going to do with her.
Then we're teaching this guy, in his mid 20's, named Mike. He's been keeping
all his committments, coming to church, and had a really neat experience
with prayer:) We're way excited for him!
We're teaching quit a few other people as well but they don't seem to be
progressing as quickly, but hopefully we can change that.
It's getting warmer here and we've gotten a lot of sap this past week. We
got about a quart last week from ten gallons of sap. And a lot of the snow
has melted away... Finally! But the mud is pretty bad.
Well other than that and my new companion nothing else really super exciting
has happened this week. I love you all so much!
Love Elder William Campbell

3 comments:

Sally Young said...

I loved this letter thanks for sharing with us.

Emma said...

That's pretty funny. I'm not sure if I could get used to that.

King Family said...

Wow, I guess all the cleaning and organizing will get him ready for what a wife will do. I don't think I could handle the smell, it reminds me of a certain person that my family would know who I was talking about, that I COULDN'T STAND. I hope he gets used to him.