Friday, April 10, 2009

Our Trip to Oregon

We flew to Oregon with our daughter Tina and her two sons. We left April 1st and came back April 9th. These pictures are only a few that I took. We had just a great time with so many wonderful memories.

As you can tell we flew on SouthWest airlines
When we were coming into to Salt Lake I couldn't help taking a picture of the mountains out the plane window.
George and Lora took us to Omsi. It is a hands on science and physics museum.







Halley and Ryan drove from Salt Lake and arrived Thursday late and then the family went to Evergreen Aviation Museum and saw the Spruce Goose and then across the way to a NASA museum.

That night the cousins all slept at George and Lora's and we played games and ate pizza and cake because we were celebrating Jackie and Emma's birthday.
Our granddaughter Sydney plays soccer so we went to one of her games. She is quite good.

Hope went to her prom and I love her dress. It was fun seeing her and meeting her date.


We had a cookout at Sid's house.

Smore's

Sid, Connie, and us went to the Chinese Gardens. They had the most beautiful flowers and trees.







We couldn't pass up having a little herbal tea party.




After we went to the Chinese Gardens we went to the Japanese Gardens. I loved the flowers and the greenery plus all the water falls and pools.








Here we are with Mt Hood in the background.

And this is St. Helens.


When we got to Sid's house he took Tina and us on a tour of the Northwest gardens at his house.


Here is Trillium. They have three pedals, three leaves and they only come up every other year.
I finally got to shoot a paint ball gun. Actually Sid's and Sydney's.




Sydney and Tayler are in a robotics club. Sid Jr is one of the leaders and they hold the club meetings at his house. This is Sydney and Tayler showing the family their robot. Pretty impressive.
Then it was time to come home. It was fun to come home and have Stevie come flying out from their back door to give Grandpa and me a hug. Then Trudy, Noah and Zane.


8 comments:

Emma said...

Heyyy, I didn't know you took a picture of us sleeping!! Taylers mouth is open in the picture!!=) I'm soo glad that you guys came! It was sooo much fun, and I hope you can come again soon. Or maybe some of us will come out there to see you guys!

Tina said...

You took some good pics mom. Did you notice I stole some of yours before I left Lora's? tee hee.

Great post!!

The two old crows said...

You are welcome anytime Emma. Grandpa and I would love to have you and we could have fun here also.

The two old crows said...

Yep I noticed Tina and you beat me in using them. I could tell about two of them. I called Dad over and said Tina used my pictures, but I used to too. hehe

Debby said...

It looks like you had a great time. Family time is the best!

Mary Jo said...

How fun! I'm glad you guys had a good time. Your kids and grandkids all look great! (It's been forever since I've seen most of them and they're all HUGE! Cute families.)

Sid said...

It was good to have you all here. You took some nice pics Mom.

King Family said...

Neat pictures grandma. It was so good seeing you.