Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Dad at Tina's

Tina says it in words and I say it in pictures. Here is Trudy and Dad in Tina's hospital room right after she came up from surgery.

Dad relaxing next to Tina's bed.
After Trudy took Dad home he went back to Waldorf and stayed with Chancy and McKay. Dad enjoyed going to Mckay's baseball game, he took some great pictures.

After Tina came home she decided it was going to be hard to get into bed using her stomach muscles, so dad hooked this triangle from her ceiling next to her bed and then she could get into bed easier. She had used the triangle to call McKay from the swimming pool for lunch.

After Tina felt better I drove us over to a ballgame in Banks, Maryland. This was a hot Saturday, it was about 90 degrees, hot, hot.

Here is dad getting ready to trim the bushes in the front of Tina's house.


After the trim he made sure the lawn mower worked. I think he was getting it ready for McKay.

He tried it out first and made sure it ran good.

Here is the shed all in order. He hung the bikes up and made it so McKay or Chancy could get the lawn mower out and in the shed.

Then fixed the chair. I sat in it once and it fell apart and I had a dickens of a time putting it back together so I could sit in it. Tina and Linc have had this chair since they were first married.

I kept grabbing this post and making Tina hurt while she laughed at me. I just couldn't remember that is was broke.

Hopefully if Tina needs more help she remember where to call.

3 comments:

Sally Young said...

I need to borrow Uncle Sid for a few weeks. He is like the ultimate fixer upper guy. I could use that around my house.

Tina said...

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

King Family said...

That's neat. That bed post has been broken for as long as I can remember. It's neat that he took the time to fix it. And that shed must have been one big job. Good job grandpa!