Thursday, April 30, 2009

After a good rain

I love going outside after a rain. I love the clean smell and how the world looks so clean and refreshed. As Sid would say we haven't washed our car since we have been in Maryland because of all the rain. (hehe).
While I was at Tina's we had a great rain and I went outside to see if I could take some pictures of the raindrops on the plants. This is the bush that Sid trimmed up later but it had wonderful raindrops on it. At least I thought so.

Tina has this beautiful dogwood tree in her front yard.
This is just a single blossom of the dogwood.
Here is a raindrop just hanging on the tree for dear life. If you look close you can see right through the drop. I made the drop bigger and sure enough there is Tina's house. It is upside down. At first Tina thought it was me taking the picture and we were both surprised to see her house.

Now you can see I rotated the drop and the house is right side up.


I just took this last picture because it reminded me of grandma's flowers in the spring. Purple hyacinths.


6 comments:

Bainter Family Antics said...

very nice mom. I love the raindrop.

Sally Young said...

You really do take great pictures. I love to look at the pictures on your blog. Did you take a photo class?

Mary Jo said...

Those are gorgeous pictures! The raindrop is very cool. :)

The two old crows said...

No Sally I didn't take a photo class. I have always liked to take pictures. I did get a new camera and I'm just getting used to taking pictures with it.

Debby said...

I love the photos! It is fun to look at things close up; a single blossom or a raindrop. We just have to stop and take the time to appreciate all of the small wonders around us. Thanks for the reminder.

King Family said...

I love those little purple flowers. Your pictures ARE very good.