Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Sunday

Easter Sunday we got up and went to church. Baxter played the prelude music, the opening hymn and sacrament hymn. He did really well. The church was cold as usual and it was hard for me to keep my mind on the speakers.
It shouldn't matter if the building is cold. We were there to worship our Savior and give thanks for all he has done for us. Easter is a time for reviewing the atonement and the resurrection of Jesus Christ, our Savior. I know our Savior lives and because of him we can return to our Heavenly Father and see and live with family again.

After church Tina, Justin, Chancy and McKay came and we all ate at the Bainters. We ate good food, enjoyed each others company for the afternoon. The joy of family together. We just had a great time in Oregon with family and now yesterday. Life couldn't get any better. But I need to remember that it couldn't have been made possible without our Savior.

3 comments:

Rob and Christina Watson said...

It looks like you had a great Easter! And a fun trip too!

King Family said...

Im glad you had a good Easter. I had to give the closing talk on resurrection in our ward. Talk about nerves! Good job for Baxter with the hymns.

Sally Young said...

I missed my family this year. Ken's family doesn't celabrate the Holiday's together. Everyone does there own thing. Or maybe I am not invited. I grew up celebrating Holidays with family, I miss that. Iam glad you had such a great Easter!