Saturday, March 28, 2009

microwave ovens



Our microwave has been one of my best friends. I use it daily for quite a few things especially the timer. The other day I was timing Low-and-Slow Sloppy Joes in my slow cooker. Of course I used my microwave timer instead of my oven timer. I set it for one hour and then I was going to set it for another hour. The dish washer was going also, though that is no excuse, so it was noisy. Then I sat down at the computer and did a little arbitration on the LDS site. I wondered why the dinger didn't go off on the microwave, well you have guessed it. I set the timer wrong and the microwave had been trying to cook nothing and had burned out. Now I'm 20 years younger than my dad when he burned up his microwave and I don't think I have dementia.
But the deed is done. Sid kept telling me not to feel bad, but he keeps going over to Trudy's to use her microwave.


Yesterday he decided to take the microwave off the wall so he could see if there was a way to fix it. He called Steve over to see if he could help him lift it out. Two hours later they still didn't have it out.


When Baxter came home from school he took over because Steve had to leave. Well the guilt feeling started again. After Baxter had been here for over an hour Sid figured it out. There was a latch thingy in the front grill that all you had to do was pull it and wa la Baxter and he lifted it out. Oh the fun of growing old. Now I have a kitchen cabinet hanging on the wall.




4 comments:

Tina said...

What did we do before microwave ovens!!! What a time saving appliance!! At least you have Trudys as a backup :)

I don't use my microwave so much for a timer anymore . . . my oven has a great timer, and no chance of burning up the microwave!

Shelly said...

Oh, man! Microwaves scare me, for some reason, I don't know why. Glad you are safe. We all do silly things no matter what age.

Bainter Family Antics said...

I just need to stop locking my door so that they can come in anytime!!! Being sick makes me forget.

Sally Young said...

That is something I would do burn up a microwave. Ken had to put a new one in this year for me.