Monday, November 29, 2010

Friday the day after Thanksgiving

Tina had wanted to know if we would like to go up the the National Portrait "Gallery to see The Norman Rockwell exhibit.  With Halley and Ryan being here they decided to go on Friday.
Dad and I got to Tina's a little after 10:00 and she drove Dad and me to the metro.
We walked just a little ways and we went into the National Portrait Gallery and then waited in line in the Robert and Arlene Kogod Courtyard.  It has a elegant glass canopy .

The next few pictures are in the courtyard.








Then finally into the exhibit.  I didn't take any pictures inside as they weren't allowed but I went on line and found the exhibit and from what they had I picked some of my favorites.  There were lots more pictures than they showed on line.  I really enjoyed the 12 minute film we watched that Steven Spielberg and George Lucas did.  Actually this is their exhibit.

1920  Shadow Artist
 1941  The Flirts

1918  Children Dancing

1972 Can't Wait


1930   Gary Cooper as the Texan
As we left the exhibit we saw these license plates.  See if you can decipher them.
We went to China Town.  I loved it.  I had never been there before.  We found a Chinese cafe, great food.
Then we started our journey back home.

Just a another fun, fun, packed day.  Dog tired when Sid and I got home. Well worth it though.

4 comments:

Lana said...

fun! I've been wanting to go see them, and now I want to even more!

Tina said...

I loved, loved, loved that day!!! The company we were with and those paintings were fantastic!

Debby said...

Looks like you had a great time. I like reading about the fun day trips my friends take and then planning our own trips.

Mary Jo said...

Fun! I love Norman Rockwell. And those license plates are cool. :) Thanks for sharing!